The Keegor Group’s Journey with LMI/SMI
The Keegor Group started their journey with LMI/SMI with just 6 programmes in 2015. They were quickly converted to and fully embraced the Total Leader and Total Person Concepts and Practices. This led to the rolling out of 93 programmes in the next 3 years. A significant investment in their people.
They experienced almost immediate tangible results from incorporating the impact of LMI/SMI into their business practices. These included:
- Improved success with goal setting and management.
- Increased turnover at almost 10 times GDP growth in the period.
- Increase in profit before tax. Well above the industry average.
- Beyond raw numbers recently conducted employee engagement surveys showed employee engagement has risen by 7%, staff commitment has risen 50% and staff retention increased increased 50%.
- The company also implemented strategies to be more encompassing of their diverse work force with all company communication being delivered in two of South Africa’s national languages, as well as translators being available for company meetings.
- Production processes were improved leading to increased on time delivery and reductions in rework due to poor quality.
- The Keegor Group reports across the board improvement in attitude and acceptance of work ethic. For example their latest ISO certifications was passed with no audit findings far exceeding their own expectations.
- They have also put in place interventions to ensure their staff directly benefit from the changes and their commitment to the company by developing a share ownership trust and putting in place an annual dividend pay-out.